The 57-credit program includes formal coursework, an internship, and doctoral research that culminates in a Ph.D. degree in Texts & Technology with a specialty in one of five areas:

  • Digital Humanities
  • Digital Media
  • Public History
  • Writing and Rhetoric
  • Scientific and Technical Communication
Why T&T?

Increase your employability

95% of T&T graduates are employed, with 78% working in academia and 22% working in industry.

Interdisciplinary options

For those who have interests in multiple areas, T&T is designed to facilitate customized studies.

Best of both worlds

The small program is fueled by the resources of a large research university.

Flexible schedule

The choice of a full-time or part-time schedule is yours.

The price is right

UCF has been recognized by Forbes, The Princeton Review and Kiplinger’s for being one of the most affordable and best-value universities in the U.S., and 25% of T&T students receive assistantships or fellowships.

 

I have recommended this field to colleagues or friends who show brilliance, curiosity, and an interest in pursuing the philosophical and humanistic dimensions of digital media.”

Tricia Carlton ’16
Student Profile
  • We admit a new class of students each fall, with an average of ten students per class.  The program currently has a 65% acceptance rate.
  • Sixty students who hail from fifteen different states and four countries outside of the USA
  • 52% of our students are full-time; the remainder (48%) are part-time
  • Approximately 30% of students in each class receives some type of financial assistance from the university such as fellowships, scholarships, or graduate assistantships
Faculty Profile
  • Thirty-six UCF faculty from six disciplines within the College of Arts & Humanities including writing and rhetoric, English, philosophy, digital media, art, and history
  • The program has 26 graduate faculty scholars representing 16 institutions throughout the United States and Europe who serve on dissertation committees
  • The T&T program is also supported by the UCF Center for Humanities & Digital Research